Are your neighbours planning building works?
Are your neighbours carrying out or planning to undertake any of the works listed below? If so, legally your neighbours should serve a Party Wall Notice upon you before commencing any such works.
- An extension, whether that be to the rear, side or into the loft.
- Conversion of a basement, garage or loft.
- Alterations, demolition or repairs to a wall, ceiling or floor shared with another property.
- Roofing works, including to the chimney.
- Building a free standing wall, or a wall of a building, up to or astride the boundary with a neighbouring property.
- Excavating and casting foundations within 3 or 6 metres of an adjoining building owned by someone else.